Aaaak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flic.kr
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello :)
I wasn't posting lately because I wasn't satisfied at all with my latest results. Forum got me more critical about my pictures.

But... I've found an impressive exposition of hiper-realistic sculptures by Patricia Piccinini and i just had to post some shots *-*
It goes till January, so I have plenty of time to go back there and try out your tips to improve the images. Please, do it [emoji16] I both loved the exposition and taking a whole afternoon too take pictures, I won't mind

4a6eaffd7c4db84b944c34bd29b68b3b.jpg

dac58866f4efadefca80704149437d54.jpg

I hope you can comment it. I'll post more soon.

Thank you

You're not allowed to post photos that you did not make. Please take these down and you can post a link to them.

Oh, I see, you took these photos of the sculptures. I stand corrected.

I think more imaginative use of light would help these. Get creative!

Last edited:
Angle of light is one variable. There are others.

There are so many things to say about this

1) this is a photo of someone else's art and you need to bring something more to it.
2) the DOF is so shallow that is distracting
3) the wb is wayy yellow for no obvious reason (I have no idea what the color the scultpue actually is
4) the framing seems really arbitrary, cutting off lims at random.

so...

Back up a bit
Use a longer focus lens and a smaller aperture so that there isn't as much perspective distortion
Frame looser

Lew

There are so many things to say about this

1) this is a photo of someone else's art and you need to bring something more to it.
2) the DOF is so shallow that is distracting
3) the wb is wayy yellow for no obvious reason (I have no idea what the color the scultpue actually is
4) the framing seems really arbitrary, cutting off lims at random.

so...

Back up a bit
Use a longer focus lens and a smaller aperture so that there isn't as much perspective distortion
Frame looser

Lew

Thank you for your time :)

I wanted to show firstly their expressions, because that was what impressed me the most on her sculptures. I think that's why I used such shallow DOF and frame. I couldn't think of a better way...
Their skin was pale, caucasian I'd say, under warm light. I used auto wb, but yes, maybe it wasn't that yellowish and I didn't change it.

I had some difficulties with the light... I couldn't use flash (museum's rules) so, for instance, I couldn't find no angle from which the eyes could get enough light on #2. Any suggestions?

About going beyond other's art... well, that's a long way to go for me.

Notes taken, thank you very much, I'll try these on my next visit.

Agatha.
:)

Most reactions

Back