considering making the switch to FF.

I own the D7100. I'm considering the D600 due to the price drop. My primary reasons for upgrading to full frame is low light performance and possible irrelevence of APS-C format in the near future. Waiting to switch could end up costing me dearly.

It will only end up costing you if you only buy DX glass.. just buy FX glass and don't worry about it. There will always be a better camera announcement around the corner.. you keep glass longer.

No single place and primarily rumors around the web. But they're both 3+ years old. Canon's 2.0 update to the 7d adds weight to not being updated (my opinion). That and the price difference from the entry level FF's practically overlaps or is at least is very close.

Since the D300 was released the D90 and D7000 have been upgraded. The 7D came out when the 40D was out and there have been 4 upgrades (50D, 60D, 60Da and 70D) to that camera since then.

In my opinion, the D600 and the 6D were in fact the prosumer upgrades to the D300s and the 7D. Hence, Nikon pens the D7100 the flagship APS-C camera, a title that wasn't afforded to the D7000.

The 6D and 7D are completely different beasts.

Full frame vs APS-C
4.5 FPS vs 7 FPS
11 AF points vs 19 AF points

If anything the 70D is a closer relative to the 7D

Just curious where did you see this?

No single place and primarily rumors around the web. But they're both 3+ years old. Canon's 2.0 update to the 7d adds weight to not being updated (my opinion). That and the price difference from the entry level FF's practically overlaps or is at least is very close.

Since the D300 was released the D90 and D7000 have been upgraded. The 7D came out when the 40D was out and there have been 4 upgrades (50D, 60D, 60Da and 70D) to that camera since then.

In my opinion, the D600 and the 6D were in fact the prosumer upgrades to the D300s and the 7D. Hence, Nikon pens the D7100 the flagship APS-C camera, a title that wasn't afforded to the D7000.

I haven't seen that many comments that the 7dm2 isn't coming.. In fact this was just published today, of course it is just a rumor, but perhaps 5 months away... Looks like the same specs that have been out there for awhile... EOS 7D Mark II Spec List Surfaces [CR1] « Canon Rumors

Most reactions

Back