Photos OK to edit
conspiracy
tpv2yjK.jpg

mystery
PbDcUvj.jpg

drunk with power
Dk4wZmS.jpg

He must be stopped! :meh:

Its just a silly bunch of pictures i manipulated to get some feedback on my selective cropping. :lol: How convincing is it do you think?

Its just a silly bunch of pictures i manipulated to get some feedback on my selective cropping. :lol: How convincing is it do you think?

Well honestly I hope you don't take offense but you might want to consider an easier subject to start with if you want to practice superimposing into another photo. Things with a lot of fur generally are exceedingly difficult to superimpose without the final image appearing - well, fake. Your eye is looking for those little bits and tufts of fur blending into the image and not seeing it - the outllnes around the critter are too smooth, etc - so as a result even though a lot of folks might not realize exactly why the final image looks fake, they can still look at it and say, yup.. fake.

Again, meant to be helpful, so take it for what it's worth.

His fur does look a but off at the edges, i will work on improving that.

His fur does look a but off at the edges, i will work on improving that.

From experience I can tell you it's pretty rough - to really get it to look right takes hours and hours of very fine, very detailed brushwork, at least that's the only way I've ever been able to accomplish it and have it look at least somewhat realistic. Perhaps someone else more experienced in photoshop/photo editing might know some short cuts.

It depends on the original image. There are ways using channels, or a threshold layer, to create selections that will separate hair from background. It's still tedious, and only works if you have decent contrast between the background and hair; either in one of the channels, or via luminance values.

Heheh! "What do you want to do tonight hamster?" "The same thing we do every night, try to take over the world!"
Couldn't help myself! Sorry.

It depends on the original image. There are ways using channels, or a threshold layer, to create selections that will separate hair from background. It's still tedious, and only works if you have decent contrast between the background and hair; either in one of the channels, or via luminance values.

I think that's it, it is hard to get this image correct.

second try:

xYmNCHw.jpg

VXVy4xv.jpg

Poof is the size of an elephant right now in this image. :lmao:

How convincing is it do you think?

Absolutely not convincing at in the slightest.

Four things to point out to make a composite convincing.

First - If you want to make it convincing a subject into a scene that is believable for that subject to be in.

Second - You need to match the the angle the subject was photographed with the angle the background is photographed.

Third - When photographing you need to match the lighting conditions in both images. Angle, harness, intensity, color temp all need to match.

Forth - if you want it to be convincing in the slightest keep the scale of the objects the same.

How convincing is it do you think?

Absolutely not convincing at in the slightest.

Four things to point out to make a composite convincing.

First - If you want to make it convincing a subject into a scene that is believable for that subject to be in.

Second - You need to match the the angle the subject was photographed with the angle the background is photographed.

Third - When photographing you need to match the lighting conditions in both images. Angle, harness, intensity, color temp all need to match.

Forth - if you want it to be convincing in the slightest keep the scale of the objects the same.

Yeah, if you cut a single tile under him into 20 pieces, a single piece would be how big he really is. :greenpbl: I'll shoot another image and make it more believable, this was just more of blending the little hairs with the background so you don't notice he is cut from another image, but i realize that other factors also impact that.

this was just more of blending the little hairs with the background so you don't notice he is cut from another image, but i realize that other factors also impact that.

Nobody cares to look to see if the little hairs blend with the background if the object looks completely out of place. The object being out of place and not having all those other things match up make it look like it was cut from another image.

well...not to give you the wrong idea of believable looking photos not being important....but...
its not really all that important... unless you are trying to piece together a photo to pass off as "natural", in the sense that it appears as if everything in the scene was as-is when you took the photo.

If you are just trying to make a fun photo (God forbid) there's no reason at all why you cant practice and implement good compositing techniques with your hamster in all manner of wacky locations... especially if you are just looking to practice composite scenes, and not trying to sell alien invasion photos to the New York Times.

Carry on Ham-Ham

There was some guy on here that did mergers of normal environments and giant animals of some sort. He did an EXCEPTIONAL job. Might be worth looking at them... if only I could remember who he was.

This is like my first draft. I am going to make more goofy and wacky pictures till it looks believable. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back