Contacting new clients

Triton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone might have some pointers for sales. I'm thinking of cold contacting some new clients and wondering what type of communication is working the best these days?

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I'm looking to find some work from equipment/clothing outfitters. Not sure if that's retail, or commercial. I am in Alberta Canada, but would be willing to work for anyone in North America really.

That's commercial - specifically it's product photography.

First look at the photographs each of your prospects is currently using.

If you can make photos as good as or better than the ones they already use you then find out who at each prospective company you would need to contact to offer your services.

It's likely they will want you to show them photograph examples of what you can provide them.
They will also want to know how much you charge.
Send equipment manufacturers photos you've made of equipment.
Send clothing manufacturers examples of photos you've made of clothes.

But here's the thing.
The standards for product photography have gone way down over the last 10 years and companies want to pay as little as possible.

Good luck.

You can look into being a photographer for people that want to be an Instagram Influencer, see the link to the article in this earlier thread...

Taking shots of Influencers that are being supplied clothing by companies and need to post on Instagram.

Article about becoming an "influencer" on Instagram

That's commercial - specifically it's product photography.

First look at the photographs each of your prospects is currently using.

If you can make photos as good as or better than the ones they already use you then find out who at each prospective company you would need to contact to offer your services.

It's likely they will want you to show them photograph examples of what you can provide them.
They will also want to know how much you charge.
Send equipment manufacturers photos you've made of equipment.
Send clothing manufacturers examples of photos you've made of clothes.

But here's the thing.
The standards for product photography have gone way down over the last 10 years and companies want to pay as little as possible.

Good luck.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back