• Car headlights in the forest at night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How do you do video with film

• Have you thought about getting a newer laptop, one made this Century

• Total voters
yes I recall the video camera taxes
but streaming appears to not have any limit as I've gone to 34+ minutes.

Everything is working good now.
I'm not saving to the card. Only streaming to a computer which I'm combining multiple media together at the same time - external microphone, D750, computer files, etc.

I've had to read up a lot for the D750 and my older Windows 8.1 computer an most info out there is generic. The D750 is apparently compatible with the latest Nikon streaming software for HDMI for Windows 10 only. Non-Windows10, for the D750 apparently HDMI needs a recording device attached to it for some reason. It won't stream directly the way I want it to. Thus the only method is to use the USB.

And my segments are mostly short, they recommend if I stream for a long time to pop out the rear screen but in stuff I've read is that the Nikon doesn't have as much a problem as Sony and Canon for overheating.

*** UPDATE

I ended up buying a Godox SL Series SL150W 150W White LED Video Light, 5600K Color Temperature
on Feb 12. I bought it for $40 off for $209 shipped.
I love it so far. I put my 22" Beauty Dish w/diffuser on it after I got the right adapter.

Then I decided to get a second one. It was $209 .. until I clicked on the history "Buy It Again" and it was $249 no discount. But there was a return one for $148 shipped, so I bought that one for $60 or 100 less (of course the next day that $249 was back to $209 wtf stupid cookies ?? ). I just got that today. It is 2x noisier than the first one, but good for my means for my 2nd offset light to remove the shadows for $60-100 less using a shootthru umbrella.

I tried the first light directly on (even raised pointed down) but I wear glasses and even tipped up doesn't work so well, so a 2nd light was needed. Just setting it up I can tell it will be a lot better.

I'm using my D750 with my 18-35 lens using the USB port for streaming to my recording laptop. I do have to use SparkoCam for Nikon for a few $$ so that it streams to Zoom or anything else.

I also bought a new laptop. My 8+ year old Dell Inspiron 15 was struggling. Went to a G7 17.
Now I need a much better microphone.
It $$ never ends ....

There are two versions of the Godox SL150. The SL150W is the older(noisier) version and the SL150W II is the latest and quieter version. I think the Mark II also has better colour rendering index, the newer remote control, better yoke mount and an more efficient reflector too but for blogging it likely won't be an issue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 4.24.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 4.24.01 PM.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 4.25.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 4.25.14 PM.png
    359.6 KB · Views: 72
Thanks
Both of mine are the first version that looks like a loaf of bread.
both the I and II are priced differently.
upload_2021-3-6_21-32-48.png

Spam Post above reported re Betcash - from labeldroomSop.

All Op's Posts notified to Mods

Most reactions

Back