Convince me not to get a D600

I bought the D600. Absolutely love it thus far. I can tell you I am bored of the 24-85mm lens it came with though, reminds me to much of my 18-105 from my D90 a few year ago. That being said, my 50mm 1.4G shoots fantastic and I am a few weeks from pulling the trigger on the 24-70mm 2.8 I cannot tell you not to get it, but there were numerous complaints against dust being in the sensor. I do not have that issue, and there are not any scratches around the mirror like others have found. The dual card holder is a great option as well.. You ultimately do what you want, but I wanted something that if I was out and about I could also shoot decent video (i know people will shun me for saying that) but it is an overall great purchase, and I wouldnt think about the D700 for a second.

You need a d600. None of your photos going fwd will be any good if you don't get one. You will feel sad when you look at everyone elses photos because you know that without a d600 you cannot be on the same level. The measure of a good photographer is hoe technically modern their gear is. Buy one right now. Stop reading this thread you are using valuable time when you could be taking photos with a d600

It's worth mentioning that I am a sports photographer and am putting several thousand actuations on my D7000 each week, currently tabbed at 260k actuations, and as it is my job I will continue putting wear on it. I am getting a second body to use for portraiture and other commercial use, for which I would rather have a full frame. The question is, which full frame.

Why do you want to go FX? why not just get a walk around DX lens?

I'm not going FX for the lens, I'm going FX because I like the coverage and flexibility of a full frame. The d600 kit just happened to come with a lens I had already been looking at.

Hey TEVO,

Your thread title is 'Convince me NOT to get a D600'. Ok, here goes: the D600 is by all accounts a very nice camera, all the latest releases are, aren't they? But so is your D7000. It has a nice feature set, has excellent iso capabilities and has plenty of resolution. I'm not sure the D600 brings anything significantly different to the table other than sensor size. Still the D600 is not a bad piece of kit. However, I'd spend the cash burning a hole in your wallet on glass right now. Since you have a really good body already, moving up from kit lenses is not a bad idea at this point. How about a decent flash and tripod to add some capability to your kit?

Anyway, you'll do what you want to do, we all do. Have fun.

The main reason I want to get a second body is that I am wearing my D7000 out quite fast, and I would prefer to have a work dedicated body that I can service every once in a while, and have a body for my other commercial pursuits as well. I love the D7000, and the D600 is essentially a full frame D7000, which is why I chose it. At some point I knew I was going to move into the world of full frame, seeing as though all the glass in my bag besides the 18-55 is FX. My question is which full frame should I go to? I chose the D600 because of the attractive pricepoint and its similarities to my current camera.

So to rephrase my question: Considering that I am going to buy a second (full frame)body, which should I buy?

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a D600, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you don't buy a D600, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you do, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will take it.

Is that enough of a reason not to buy a D600?

:lmao:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a D600, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you don't buy a D600, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you do, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will take it.

I regret that I can only like this once. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You could always grab a refurb D800 at cameta for 2499 and add a lens of your choice.. just saying...

LOL
jaomul said:
You need a d600. None of your photos going fwd will be any good if you don't get one. You will feel sad when you look at everyone elses photos because you know that without a d600 you cannot be on the same level. The measure of a good photographer is hoe technically modern their gear is. Buy one right now. Stop reading this thread you are using valuable time when you could be taking photos with a d600

Are you for real right now!? Your telling me that you can look at a picture and tell what was used. You really dont know what make a good photographer do you? I'm sorry but that was the dumbest advice I ever heard of. People can use a older camera and out perform someone with new gear.

i think you need to buy three now...

i think you need to buy three now...

My skills aren't that good!

I'd spend the $2100/$2800 on better glass.

2 of the 3 lenses you currently have are mediocre at best (the 50 f/1.8G is obviously just fine).

If you shop well on the used market (KEH, Fred Miranda, etc.) you can easily find both a 24-70mm f/2.8 and a 70-200mm f/2.8 VR1 for the same investment and have money left over.

If you can honestly answer the question (to yourself, not to me) of "in what way is my D7000 restricting my photographic abilities, that the D600 will remedy?" by all means, buy it. My guess is that you can't. Don't fall for the marketing.

New glass is (almost) always a better investment than a new body.

I'm glad to see this thread. I have also been looking at the D600. Right now I am shooting with a D3100, so anything is an upgrade for me. Can somebody tell me what "full frame" is???

Doo%20it.gif

^^^that

And the very first thing you'll notice is the tonal resolution and dynamic range of the new sensor blow away the D700 and D7000.

I'm glad to see this thread. I have also been looking at the D600. Right now I am shooting with a D3100, so anything is an upgrade for me. Can somebody tell me what "full frame" is???

If you don't know what full frame is then your not ready or prepared for it. A D7000 would be a better upgrade if you don't have much to spend on FX lenses. Full frame are cameras that uses a 35mm size image sensor which is the same size as film. That's the best as I can explain it, surely someone will come and do better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back