Cool Cemetaries

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are not suppose to be artsy photos, I just wanted to show you guys these two cemetaries in New Orleans that I want to go back to. I took these shots out of the truck window going 75mph (Just so I could show you guys how cool they are)! LOL
In this part of Louisiana, they do not bury below ground, because they will get washed away with hurricanes, floods, etc..so everything is above ground.
I think there are some great photo ops in these cemetaries and will go back in the next couple of weekends so that I can get some shots for you guys.
I don't know if any of you know who Marie Laveaux was (she was the Voodoo woman from New Orleans - very famous around here) There is a tomb and Voodoo Museum around New Orleans somewhere that I am going to find to photograph as well.

febDSC_0004-01.jpg

febDSC_0003-01.jpg

febDSC_0002-02.jpg

interesting cemeteries.. hope you could get back there soon...

Mommy.. good to see you over in the darkside. Ya gotta go back to this one. This looks amazing. I would love to see Marie Laveaux s tomb.

wow...loads of big tombs.... ok, we have statues and tombs over here as i recently found out, but not that many! :thumbup:

love these...and growing up in arkansas, yes, i have heard of marie l.

the funny thing is, i have some patients who call me marie laveaux....

(wahahahahahaaaahhhaaaaa)

Most reactions

Back