cool patterns and a sign

tr0gd0o0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
walked around campus a little bit today and got this interesting shot of the sign at the front of campus

centenarysignresized.jpg

*polarizing filter

this show is of the cloth overhang over a restaurant that was built in the 50s and is about to be converted into a photography studio. I can't really tell if i like bw or color better yall let me know

walkway.jpg

and heres the b&w
walkwaybw.jpg

(i may'be used a polarizing filter on these also but i can't remember)

let me know what yall think. Anything i could do better? hate the shots? whatever lemme know

You note a polarizer on the first image, but I see glare on the shiny leaves in the lower right corner. Watch for subtle changes in the appearance of plants as you adjust the pol. It can be hard to see through a small viewfinder. Overall there just isn't much going on here.

On the other hand the next one is pretty exciting. And for a change I'm going with the color photo. Both versions seem monochromatic, but the gold adds warmth and richness that I find appealing. Also the BW seems busy and flat while somehow the gold color helps add depth.

the first one I am having a bit of trouble understanding what you are trying to capture :scratch:

have to agree with ksmattfish on the gold one.... the colour added makes it look a bit like a duotone, a nice touch to an interesting shot. very cool indeed 8)

I'm with those guys. Of the two, I like the color shot better. Interesting catch.

Most reactions

Back