Coopster

You already know my suggestion: diffuse those 320M monolights with a 40-degree grid from the Adorama accessories page:GL-RFG-8-40

and then, attach at least two thicknesses of some type of frosted diffusing material in front of the gridded lights.

Another way to modify these monolights and their standard reflectors would be
Flashpoint FP-LF-BD

THis simple accessory set might just be the best value for your monolights that have the 8-inch "glow" reflector, fitted with this barn door-and-grid-AND-filter holder kit. The kit sells for $39.95....you get a barn door set that accepts a grid AND which comes with four metal slide-in filter frames...I have one of these kits...I LIKE the filter frames this kit uses, they work well, and have a very slight depression on the revers e side of each one, so two or three nestle together nicely when they are slid into their holding slots on the main, barn door unit.. I would use the one diffuser, and convert two more of the colored filter ones to diffusers.

ADDENDUM: MiniCooper and I worked on converting this to B&W in Lightroom via Facebook messenger...and with the application of a single preset, and some very minor adjustments, this image sings in B&W.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back