Copyright/ Watermark

LB.Photography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have just recently gotten into photography, and I am curious how everyone sizes their photos, that when printed their copyright will show up. I am wanting mine in the bottom right hand corner, and on my last photos that I printed, the copy right was cut completely off.

Thanks,
Landon

I use the size of my photo AS the "watermark."
By only putting things online that are at most about 800 pixels on the short side, people can still view them perfectly well on a monitor, yet they are completely useless for printing at any reasonable size.
Stops any serious piracy, and simultaneously doesn't add anything visible and tacky to my images.

I have just recently gotten into photography, and I am curious how everyone sizes their photos, that when printed their copyright will show up. I am wanting mine in the bottom right hand corner, and on my last photos that I printed, the copy right was cut completely off.

Thanks,
Landon
The aspect ratio of the photo and the aspect ratio of the print don't match.
Professional photographers rarely include a copyright statement on the front of a print. They may have a copyright statement back printed though.
I embossed a foil logo on the front of prints I sold to retail customers, but didn't put the foil on my fine art prints.
My commercial work had copyright statements in the use licensing agreements that clients bought.

Not all photo prints have the same rectangular shape (aspect ratio). Some are more rectangular than others.

Most DLSR image sensors (full frame and APS-C size) are based on the same aspect ratio 135 format film (35 mm) has - which is 3:2 (2:3 in vertical orientation)
Prints made from a 3:2 photo will be 4x6, 8x12, 10x15, etc, where the long side of the print is 1.5 times lonoger than the short side of the print. 3 divided by 2 = 1.5.

5:4 aspect ratio prints are 4x5, 8x10, 20x16, etc.
7:5 aspect ratio prints are wallets, 5x7, 14x10, etc.

AspectRatioChartv2-1.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back