Cormorants

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My son (who likes to fish with a rod) does not like them, says they steal all the fish, but I liked to see them (only did I never get any photo of them from up close)

179043548.jpg

179043545.jpg

179043543.jpg

179043540.jpg

179043538.jpg

Great series! #2 & 4 are my favorites.

I was having fun ... and learned it is NOT easy to photograph birds in the wild, so :hail: and more :hail: to YOUR bird photography.

As to the first here which I left all uncropped for you to see what my 300mm lens brought me at the most - should I crop it to bring out the situation a bit more (there is quite some drama involved in this one cormorant's plan to land, he is arousing quite some interest in his "colleagues" there ;)) ?

Great photos, where did you get these, i presume you have been on holiday? These birds are odd, in some places they are protected, and in some they are a pest, we have some very small inland city lakes here where they are about to be culled, a shame i think, as i am sure that the reason the local fish poplulation cannot sustain them is not primarily because of the predation. Are the ones in the picture protected? or will your son get his way and have all the fish to him self :)

I have never managed to get any really good flying birds, i usually try setting on one or two stops over exposed to compensate for the very light background, how are you doing these.

tim

You are right, Tim, we were on holidays, and if you look around, you will find many a thread of mine up here now sporting pics I took while we were away.

No one cared too much about the cormorants in the area where I took these very photos, since there is A LOT OF water, and MANY banks, and despite the relative nearness of Berlin to this area (some 30 kms), it is very, very rural. Only my son did, but we did not see them catch any fish, anyway (nor did he, for that matter ;)).

As to the data: I went to check the data on #1 and #3, both were taken at ISO 100, f 8.0, 1/640 sec. The day was sunny and bright.

All these were taken on the same day at around 3 p.m.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back