Coronado Island

interesting photos and processing. you really made these pictures look like they were taken 40 years ago. really like the feel of the first one.

I miss San Diego :( I used to go through that last intersection almost daily...

I miss San Diego :( I used to go through that last intersection almost daily...

We've been here 3 years and still find new places to hike and walk and hang out. Love it! Everything revolves around being outside. Such a healthier way to live than a lot of places.

Those photos bring back good memories.
For me the B&W photos could use more mid-tone contrast and some selective editing using dodge and burn.

Ya leeroix. IIRC that last shot is in the Mission Beach section of San Diego and not in Coronado.

I lived in Coronado 40 years ago and the town has changed in a lot of ways
Coronado is a small town on the east side of North Island.

The Coronado Islands are off shore and about 20 miles south of where those photos were made. The Coronado Islands are in Mexican Territorial waters almost due west from the beach town of Rosarito which is southwest from Tijuana. Coronado Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the first 3 shots look like Officers Beach and it's life guard tower on North Island Naval Air Station, judging from where Point Loma is in the background.
NAS North Island takes up more than 1/2 of North Island.

We used to paddle around the fence that separates NAS North Island from Coronado so we could surf the larger waves Offices Beach often got.

interesting photos and processing. you really made these pictures look like they were taken 40 years ago. really like the feel of the first one.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Fantastic shots! 2 and 3 are my pics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back