Corporate Head Shot - Larry

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Director of Engineering Larry J. needed a corporate head shot:

LMJ-0694-CH-900.jpg

Oh man.. you are making me worried. I am going to do a corporate shot in 2 days with someone wearing glasses. I think his eyes distortion looks very very weird. Look at the eye on your left.

doppleganger?

adamwest.jpg

source wordballoonpodcast.files.wordpress.com

Oh man.. you are making me worried. I am going to do a corporate shot in 2 days with someone wearing glasses. I think his eyes distortion looks very very weird. Look at the eye on your left.
It's a good point. My main concern was to set up my lighting and his head position to avoid glare from them.

His glasses are VERY thick - thicker than most folks wear. I considered asking if we could temporarily remove the glass from the frames (I have the tiny screwdriver to do it), but he was in a HUGE hurry.

How huge? I was all set up and had an assistant to test the lighting before he arrived. We'd just got it when he blew into the room, I quickly directed where he should stand, look here, turn a little that way, SNAP - I got ONE SHOT, and he had to go. Total time with this guy was 30 seconds or less.

Their marketing director is very happy with it, so I'll live with it. Just wanted to get opinions from other photogs.

buckster, try this.. duplicate layer and try liquify tool or something and merge. I think it can be fixed with photoshop.. not sure.

buckster, try this.. duplicate layer and try liquify tool or something and merge. I think it can be fixed with photoshop.. not sure.
I considered that, but no... that's not going to happen. Even if it wasn't a rush job that's already turned in, I'd have to create his ear and all kinds of other work, and I'm just not convinced it would be natural enough looking to warrant all that.

He looks like that, and so it is what it is.

I am praying right now my client doesnt have glasses that thick! LOL.. Dont get me wrong, I do like your photo. Not that I have a studio or mobile lightings and backdrop, but mine will be around the atrium of the office building. So it wont be studio like.

Some people (like photographers) will look at it like a flaw in the image. But really, this guy walks around with thick glasses all the time. This is how it looks....so why go to all that trouble to change it?

You wouldn't Photoshop a 250lb person to look like they were only 150lbs would you? Not for a corporate portrait anyway.

And Cudos to Buckster for getting a good shot in a rather difficult situation (only having 30 seconds to shoot the subject). Let this be a lesson to any professional portrait shooter....know what you're doing and don't think that you can 'just wing it'.

shot is good, BUT the background, i really dont like it.

shot is good, BUT the background, i really dont like it.
I might have chosen differently too. The job entailed using a background that looked like the one used for the rest of the corporate heads at that company, so that it would fit with the portfolio layout their marketing department has already been using. That's the background they wanted, so that's the background they got.

And no, I didn't shoot the rest of the corporate heads there, so I'm not responsible for their background choice at all. :)

Last edited:
VERY well done, even with the eye distortion. With glasses that thick, coating or no, taking the picture without a huge glare was an accomplishment enough.

The eye being moved to the left looks natural because we see it everyday, moving it over would make it MORE distracting, because then it would look like he had no lenses.

*clapclapclap*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back