corrupt SD cards

ronmoore

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi everyone

My niece stores all of her pictures on SD cards, she has now found that four of her cards are unreadable, is their any
way to retrieve her pictures.

regards ronmoore

dont store pictures on SD cards.

Yep.

SD cards are not intended to be used for long term storage.

The best practice is to upload the images on the card ASAP after taking photographs to a hard disk, SSD, or other long term storage device.
Preferably, copy the image files to a couple of different folders each on a different disc drive so you have at least 1 backup copy isolated from the other.

Once the files on the SD card have been uploaded to better long term media the card needs to be reformatted in the device the cared will be used in.
Because of the way the control software on the card works deleting images from the card so more images can be written often causes a card to become corrupted.

Dear ronmoore's niece,

Thought you might like this story.

One day at the end of class, the teacher asks the class to go home and think of a story to be concluded with the moral of that story.

The following day the teacher asks for the first volunteer to tell their story.

Little Suzy raises her hand. "My dad owns a farm and every Sunday we load the chicken eggs on the truck and drive into town to sell them at the market.
Well, one Sunday we hit a big bump and all the eggs flew out of the basket and onto the road."

When the teacher asked for the moral of the story, Suzy replied, "Don't keep all your eggs in one basket."

Most reactions

New Topics

Back