Discussion in 'Past Meetups' started by Corry, Jun 20, 2007.
Looks like you had a great birthday!!
I can't even describe how amazing it was. If I didn't already know, I certainly found out what kind of friends I have.
The last of my pics....
These are from Monday, again in DC.
51 It was REALLY hot....we found lots of sitting places.
So, we stopped somewhere to grab a quick bite to eat to hold us over til we met Joe for lunch....we both got bottles of water...well, the bottles of water were frozen solid. We were THIRSTY....we were doing everything we could to MELT that damn water! Here, we put our water in the sun on a hot stone bench. I entitle this one 'depseration'
56 At lunch
57 HERE ON AVENUE Q!!!!!!
58 The Washington Monument, as viewed from the Jefferson Memorial
....and that's all from me.
Now, if only Joe and Sky would post! I'm anxious to see thiers!
Ok, so I just finished editing and uploading the majority of my shots. In total, I have about 60 +/- that I want to post (!). So here goes, in chronological order more or less:
The first batch:
1. Corry in a Starbucks in DC's Chinatown:
2. Joe looking kinda creepy
3. Joe trying to ruin Corry's pic
4. ... again ...
5. ... and again ...
6. Mmmmmm Haagen Dazs
8. This neat little alcovey spot not far from the foot of the Capitol Building. My guess is it's where politicians come to meet with their spies ;-)
9. (min)NESOTA, at the WWII Memorial
I think I'll start posting in batches of 5 (give or take). That way hopefully some photos will spill onto the next page and there won't be all 12MB worth of my photos on one page.
11. Fountain at WWII Memorial
SATURDAY, IN PHILLY
12. One of the first things we did after getting into Philly and dropping our stuff off at my house was head over to Isaiah Zagar's Magic Garden, on the 1000 block of South Street. Basically, it's a yard-sized space covered with all kinds of mosaics made from trash like bottles and bike wheels and mirrors and tiles and stuff. The artist does mosaic murals in this style all over the city, but the Magic Garden is his largest work. It's the first time I'd been inside. It's really cool and funky in there.
16. Yes, that's a 3-headed, 3-boobed doll
17. It's an existential statement. (or part of a Banana Republic Sign)
18. Yours truly, in all his beauty
19. Corry and Joe sitting on some phallic thing (read: giant Sorry game piece) outside the Philadelphia Municipal Services Building
22. Peek-a-boo 2
23. Peek-a-boo 3
24. Hi down there!
25. Night shooting in Philly. I found this sketchy little stairway with a door at the end that I liked, so I set up my self-timer and tripod. Then I decided to start having some fun with my flash. So it essentially looks like I'm pooing light in a lot of my shots.
I uploaded the wrong images for this series. I'll correct this later...
27. On Walnut (or was it Chestnut?) Street, over I95. I title this one "Gas and Grass"
SUNDAY, AGAIN IN PHILLY (AND CORRY'S BIRTHDAY)
28. Joe taking in the scenery
Wow awesome!! bring on some more!
29. For dinner we went to the world-famous Morimoto restaurant. They have such amazing food at that place. Joe and I ordered the Omakase tasting menu, which consisted of about 8 small-ish dishes that were each more delicious than the last. That was definitely my best experience at this restaurant so far (and that's saying a lot).
30. Joe scowling at the Phallus light that was in the middle of the table
31. Changing the focus up. Don't you love the bokeh on my 50/1.4?
32. Chopsticks (btw, the lighting around all the tables rotates colors slowly, which is why nearly every shot has a different hue to it) ;-)
33. Reflection (ok, I'll admit, I photographed the phallus a lot...)
34. You guessed it... (oh, and Morimoto has awesome silverware)
35. Sunglasses on green
36. Sunglasses and chopsticks on Purple
Separate names with a comma.