Cosplay

SPITFIRE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I searched for it and found nothing - i hope this is not a repost.
Did you ever have the chance to shoot cosplay? I am not a huge fan of going to comic fairs even though i love manga and anime, is just not my kind of place to be... But I had an ex-girlfriend long time ago who was always taking me and so i started shooting for her and some friends of her.

So if you have some on your own, please share!

These are some of mine:

$daenerys_targaryen_1_by_cursedmind-d4i0tta.jpg $cersei_lannister_cosplay_13_by_cursedmind-d4ldckh.jpg $sansa_and_arya_stark_cosplay_1_by_cursedmind-d4l9gvg.jpg
$cersei_lannister_cosplay_15_by_cursedmind-d4rrohj.jpg$sansa_and_arya_stark_cosplay_2_by_cursedmind-d4lor94.jpg$daenerys_targaryen_3_by_cursedmind-d4ibto6.jpg
$daenerys_targaryen_6_by_cursedmind-d4psu4l.jpg$cersei_lannister_cosplay_14_by_cursedmind-d4mlafx.jpg

To see more just check : Game of Thrones Cosplay by CursedMind on deviantART

Very nice images. I especially like the first two. I've never been into cosplay, but it looks like fun to shoot!

First, if you want more cosplay resources (either people in to it, or photos) then check out Top 5 Cosplay Sites ? The Convention Fans Blog or the model mayhem community.

Second, I've found that they key really involves the setting and props. Otherwise it's like shooting a dress on the red carpet...a bit of glamour but lots of other distractions ("hey, is that Kevin Spacey in the background?"). So simple things like a poster or toy or gadget or setting that supports the cosplay character means that you end up with a photo that most knowledgeable cosplay folks will "get" vs. one that just looks like a weird costume.

Yes I love photographing cosplayers! In fact, it was cosplay that got me into photography. Back in my otaku phase in college, I really got into cons and that community, soon I really wanted to be part of the group. So I decided to take up photography so I can photograph the cosplayers.. That was the beginning, and I am thankful I made that decision! I wouldn't be the same without it!! Here are some shots ive taken :bouncingsmileys::bouncingsmileys::bouncingsmileys:

12961389295_a8a1412bb9_o.jpg
14128011424_0b7ee76d47_o.jpg
13961302472_48b50eecaa_o.jpg

Most reactions

Back