What's new

Could anyone help me with selecting a bag?

TheBiles

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 13, 2010
Messages
869
Reaction score
69
Location
MCB Quantico
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry, I tried searching, but I didn't see any specific topics. I'm basically looking for a backpack-style bag that will hold a day's worth of gear (body, tripod strap-on, 3 or so lenses, filters and such, and my 580EX II). I'm not familiar with any specific brands, so I don't know where to start looking and what is the most reliable. I'd prefer not to break the bank since I'm saving up for some L glass.

Any help is much appreciated! :D
 
What three lenses ?
The ones in your signature ?

Possibly a Lowepro Slingshot 200 / Fastpack 200 ... or larger.
 
What three lenses ?
The ones in your signature ?

Possibly a Lowepro Slingshot 200 / Fastpack 200 ... or larger.

I plan on replacing the kit lens with the 17-40 L in July, but basically it would be a standard zoom, telephoto zoom, and one other lens.

I'm guessing Lowepro is one of the top manufacturers?
 
Lowepro orginated from Lowe Alpine ... I tend to like how they design backbacks in general.

I have the Slingshot 100 AW ... for your gear the 200 would do just fine.
 
I too use the Caselogic SLRC-206 SLR Camera and 15.4-Inch Laptop Backpack (Black)

But I use the laptop compartment for paperwork. The backpack holds a ton of gear. I usually carry 2 gripped bodies, 3 zoom lenses (12-24 mm, 24-85 mm, 80-200 mm) and a prime (usually a 50 mm f/1.8) a couple of speedlights, radio triggers, spare batteries, a 42" 5-in-1 reflector, plus some other odds and ends.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom