Could someone help me with something?

Kimberly81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a question. I absolutely love this woman's work and would love to be able to take such beautiful photos, my question is, how do you get this sort of look? With the even soft lighting and stunning eyes?

deedee_natural-1.jpg

Shoot in the shade with really fast lenses, focus on the eyes, in post dodge, then high-pass sharpen the eyes - done.

go out to 55mm, f/5.6, and fill the frame tight, focus on the eyes, dodge them in photoshop, then do a high-pass sharpen on them.

Shooting RAW doesn't hurt either, you lose alot of detail in Nikon's Jpegs.

I'm not a Nikon user myself, so it may be time to recommend the manual on this one. Also, if the image above isn't your own, you should only link to it - see the FAQ's if you're unsure on what's acceptable

How do I set f5.6?

You really need to read your manual if you don't know how to shoot in manual modes. That is why you're using an SLR instead of point-and-shoot, right? control?

You really need to read your manual if you don't know how to shoot in manual modes. That is why you're using an SLR instead of point-and-shoot, right? control?

I figured it out after I posted that but thanks for the snide come back rather than a helpful "how to"

m mode for manual if your feeling brave-that gives you most control.on my canon to change the F stop I have the av setting.

I figured it out after I posted that but thanks for the snide come back rather than a helpful "how to"

I didn't think it was snide at all. You want people to rewrite the camera manual for you? I'm not investing any emotions in this post so don't take it like that but you really should think about it. The question was very akin to "How do I turn on my camera?" and that really is a RTM question.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back