COULD SOMEONE >>PLEASE<<CHECK THIS OUT

PMPHOTO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This Deal on a D90 with 3 lenses and all kinds of other stuff seems to good. Its USA, has Battery,charger, Mem card, Etc. What am I missing? Sorry im having trouble putting a hyperlink

Its Ebay.com Item # 290278841271
& #290278853592

Thank You,
Fred

Use Cameta Camera on ebay, one of the few sellers I trust on ebay.

Whenever you see a "deal" like this, it is usually becuase it is either fake or the components are of so low quality (read cheap as hell), that they end up hurting your results more than helping it..

My recommendations are to stay away from things like this and purchase only the body... and stay away from the bottom of the line kit lenses. Your pictures and the people viewing them will thank you. :)

Start with a lens like the Sigma 18-50 F/2.8 DC EX HSM MACRO (awesome pro level quality lens at affordable prices), and then as your talents, style and needs evolve, research out lenses that match those needs.

I see both auctions ended. I hope you stayed away. As these kits are full of inexpensive items to make it seem like a better deal than they are. Cheap flimsy tripod, a charger that is not needed if it is truely a USA model as it will come with one. 2 filters that they call lenses (they screw on to the front of another) that are made from who knows what material. 3 filters again from what quality material. And I would bet the very cheap flash probably only works in manual mode on the camera. I would bet the on camera flash has nearly the same power level as the inexpensive one. Cheap no name flash card (made to look like brand name card). Its just full of cheapness!

Buying kits with 1 or 2 branded lenses may not be so bad.

But when they start throwing these kits together with cheap stuff, and use pricing examples from true pro gear to make it seem like such a deal. It's really no deal at all. They are just tossing in cheap stuff to pad their proffits.

I agree Jerry and the best bet is to buy a body, or body and kit lens. Then add stuff later as you feel you need it.

And I agree above about Cameta. I have purchased 5 cameras from them now (ebay and amazon) and never a problem.

You might also check out Digicombos.com I believe. I got a kit from them, and some of the stuff like the flash and all are a waste, but it was still the cheapest for the kit that I could find. Also both lenses that I purchased with the kit are Canon lenses not no-namers.

Most reactions

Back