Countryside, San Gregorio California C&C

chrisfoxdesign

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, please let me know your thoughts on this one. First landscape posted here.

$8356650484_52cbd6e942_b.jpg

Thanks for posting these. I'm enjoying the memories of the many times I rode my bicycle up and down the 84. I especially like seeing that barn again. It's been many years since I've been there on 2 wheels.

As for critique:

#1 needs a subject. My eye wanders through the scene looking for something to lock on to. You could us one of the cows or those distant buildings to anchor the image a bit. Also, you've bisected the image: 1/2 sky, 1/2 land. the "rule" is to give one 1/3rd and the other 2/3rds of the frame, depending on which is more important to the image. There are, of course, exceptions to this rule. Google the "rule of thirds". As for exposure, overall it looks underexposed to me. My eye is drawn to the brightest area in the middle, but this area is otherwise bland.

#2 I really like. That barn is kind of iconic in the area. Exposure seems decent. Compositionally, the barn is too far into the corner. I'd like to see it in the upper-left "thirds" intersection. The hillside to the left doesn't do much for the composition and you could sacrifice that in your composition in order to keep the fence on the right from going out of the frame. You might even try shooting from a lower vantage point, bringing the fence closer to the barn in the composition.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum.

Desi

Most reactions

New Topics

Back