Couple from Golf

Onemarshboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Played golf on Saturday and thought it may be a good time to try and get some pics. Sadly it was so busy I couldn't really stop to get many shots.

These were a couple i shot. Quite happy with the 'ball' shot (although the grass in front is distracting) but i thought the Landscape would come out better than it did! Any tips??

3987428909_74c3fb46f3.jpg

3988189994_f9692380b0.jpg

cheers

Rob

I like the first one. Ecposure is weird though, whites are a bit blown and the rest is underexposed a tad. Yucky day out, huh?

Mark

yeah i know what you mean Mark. I took it mega quickly so didn't have time to set it as i'd have liked.

weather was really grim!! Really dull.

Played golf on Saturday and thought it may be a good time to try and get some pics. Sadly it was so busy I couldn't really stop to get many shots.

These were a couple i shot. Quite happy with the 'ball' shot (although the grass in front is distracting) but i thought the Landscape would come out better than it did! Any tips??

cheers

Rob

Golf requires your undivided attention as does photography. Decide which you wish to do.

Golf requires your undivided attention as does photography. Decide which you wish to do.

snap!

btw... your shots are very centered... left to right, and top to bottom.

check out the "rule of thirds" and see what you think!

i think he's ok breaking the "rule" as was done on the first one, it works...its just that the colors/exposure are off a bit. can easily be corrected in pp though.

the second would definitely benefit from having the flag pole in a different area like the bottom right or left if the intention is to show off the sky as you've done...but also being careful to make sure the horizon isnt dead center and is level.

btw...i do like both regardless. looks like they could be some great shots with a little bit of work. :)

I really like the way you composed the first shot. It tells a story that I can very much related to, when i play golf. "hmm where's my ball, oh, there it is off the fairway as usual."

People have told me this about golfing and drinking. I still think the two go well together. And I take my camera with my 300 on it golfing with me. Never know when you're gonna see a big red-tailed or something.

oops - yeah completely forgot about the rule of thirds!! I'll read thru it again and try and imprint it in my thoughts! Think the second one would definitely benefit from a bit more thought!

With regards to photography and golf..... I don't normally take my camera on the course except, every 6 months or so I play in a tournament with a dozen colleagues from work. We take pics as we go round and then someone produces a CD of them, with scores and quotes from the day etc.. as a bit of fun.

I normally just slip a p&s into my pocket but thought i'd take the DSLR this time.

With regards to photography and golf..... I don't normally take my camera on the course except, every 6 months or so I play in a tournament with a dozen colleagues from work. We take pics as we go round and then someone produces a CD of them, with scores and quotes from the day etc.. as a bit of fun.
Nothing wrong with that but that's not serious photography and does not produce the results that I would submit for C&C.

i take your point Plato but i'm not sure i've ever suggested that a) it was serious photography or that b) i was asking for C&C.

I like the first one. I think the centering works on this shot. Its a shame that it wasnt a nicer day, the sky is blown out and the ground could be lighter. =( It was a cool idea though.
Second one doesnt really do anything for me. The sky looked like it could of been neat but the picture as a whole is dark. And I agree that w/ this shot centering the flag doesnt work.

Keep shooting!! :sexywink:

Dont worry about Plato. Everybody on here seems really nice and polite and then theres Pluto oh, im sorry plato, he has some serious issues cause he acts like a bully know it all because nobody can know who he is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back