Couple of Ducks from Last Shoot

Shades of Blue

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need some help with this. I think they are a bit warm, but I'm editing on an iPad right now as I await my Christmas present, which is a new monitor for my computer. Looked good on the iPad, but it's a bit bright and warm to me.

Also, this is maxed out the full 200mm on my 55-200mm nikon. I need some help getting sharper focus on zooms like this. Or, is that just the weakness of my lens?

Not really impressed with the shot, but wanted to use this as an example of the difficulty I'm having getting my 55-200mm lens to get a sharp focus past 150mm.

Last edited:
The color looks pretty good -- not too warm.

You shot the lens wide open. Focus looks like it may be a little forward so the ducks could already be dropping out of DOF. Wide open the lens isn't performing at it's best. Was this shot on a tripod?

You have a lot of CA in the photo that you should have removed during raw conversion. That's another clue as to the lens performance wide open.

Your highlights are badly blown out to the point of starting to flare.

And there's this strange anomaly in the background -- the sharper edges are odd:

strange.jpg

Joe

The color looks pretty good -- not too warm.

You shot the lens wide open. Focus looks like it may be a little forward so the ducks could already be dropping out of DOF. Wide open the lens isn't performing at it's best. Was this shot on a tripod?

You have a lot of CA in the photo that you should have removed during raw conversion. That's another clue as to the lens performance wide open.

Your highlights are badly blown out to the point of starting to flare.

And there's this strange anomaly in the background -- the sharper edges are odd:

View attachment 113236

Joe

I have no clue what that is! Maybe something created when editing on the iPad? These were shot in JPEG. Once I get my Mac setup after Christmas I will go back to shooting in RAW.

We were walking to our next location to shoot some Christmas photos and I saw the ducks and that is as close as I could get with the lens. Quick shot, and they moved after.

Most reactions

Back