Couple of my favorites to share.

teneighty23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all, just thought i would share a couple of my favorites i have taken in the past year. i love black and white.

This one won a photo contest just recently for the region of where i live. i love my wide angle lense.
00480007.jpg

this is possibly my favorite photo i have taken, it may be for personal reasons, but it just makes this place look so magical, this was taken in the Hoh rainforest in the Olympic peninsula, Washington. we made a stop there on a motorcycle trip. my favorite photo vehicle.

this is taken with Fuji 1600. love love love the grain in this photo when zoomed right in on highest resolution. kicks noise's ass.
00030001.jpg

tell me what you think!

The top shot rocks! I can see why you won with that image. And the bottom shot sure has a ton of detail!

Well done on both photos!

oh PS im on the right in front of that tree, i set it up and bracketed 3 off of us, this was taken at twilight.

Good ones!
You apparently DO know what you are doing when you get your camera out!
No wonder the first is a winner!
No wonder you love the second.

So I take it you shoot film?

yea both these were taken with film, Canon Rebel T2 when they still made it, has all the features one needs. and film scans to resolution of around 24 Megapixels, tho when you do, the film grain really pops out, but i LOVE film grain, it can not be replicated in my opinion so this is a good thing. but my friend does have a Canon Rebel XSI she got recently and i use that cam often too.
but i own a 17-40 4L lense, its my baby, and i am waiting until i can afford a full frame DSLR before i buy one so i can use my beautiful lense.:D
film is an excellent learning tool too, encourages you to read before going out rather than playing with settings as i take and re take then forget what i did.

oh also the first pic was with Fuji Velvia 50. obviously digital darkroom edits.

really like the first one, love the effect from the wide angle lens to ,, I did notice from these two shots you tend to put your subject dead center, I'd recommend putting them somewhat off center for a better composition,, obviously it worked out ok in shot 1

really like the first one, love the effect from the wide angle lens to ,, I did notice from these two shots you tend to put your subject dead center, I'd recommend putting them somewhat off center for a better composition,, obviously it worked out ok in shot 1
yea that barns back corner was sinking so it really exaggerated the wide angle and worked out in my favor, yea now that you point it out both pics are dead center, never looked to notice how many of my pics are like that.
i apoligize for this pic not being black and white, but this is a good example i guess of what you mean being off center, and its one of my favorites too, this again taken with Fuji 1600. but i will follow it up with another cool B+W pic.

00120001.jpg

this is an old graveyard from the early 1900's during an Influenza outbreak in the town i live in, fun place to shoot on bright full moon nights, this was taken with Rebel XSI.

IMG_1876_2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back