couple pics from blizzard

I'm new to photos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So Maryland just got hit with a blizard of 2010. These are just a couple pics I took before the sun went down. Have fun and I was rushing so be gentle. Comments are welcomed!

4336054632_4886cbe2b3.jpg

4336126432_12e8670f3e.jpg

Sorry I had to do a terrible crop because my basketball pole was in the shot. :(

First one actually has kind of a cool (neat and color temperature) tone to it, but its overall an average snapshot. I take lots of these so that's not a jab, its just nothing interesting, more of a record of what it looked like. I do kind of wish it wasn't so blue even though it gives a neat effect.
The second one looks like your camera got fooled by the snow. Do a google search on snow pictures to help yourself understand what happened, but I'll give you the quick rundown; the camera didn't understand exactly how bright it was because of the light reflecting off of the snow, so your tree looks overexposed, which kind of washes out the whole picture in a weird too bright look. So watch out for that when shooting in the snow. Plus the satellite dish is annoying and if you cropped that out too, you'd have a nice rule of thirds thing going on.

So yea, keep on keeping on.

We missed the worst of that blizzard that's for sure, we only got like 10 inches maybe. I heard DC and alot of maryland got truly slammed!

First one actually has kind of a cool (neat and color temperature) tone to it, but its overall an average snapshot. I take lots of these so that's not a jab, its just nothing interesting, more of a record of what it looked like. I do kind of wish it wasn't so blue even though it gives a neat effect.
The second one looks like your camera got fooled by the snow. Do a google search on snow pictures to help yourself understand what happened, but I'll give you the quick rundown; the camera didn't understand exactly how bright it was because of the light reflecting off of the snow, so your tree looks overexposed, which kind of washes out the whole picture in a weird too bright look. So watch out for that when shooting in the snow. Plus the satellite dish is annoying and if you cropped that out too, you'd have a nice rule of thirds thing going on.

So yea, keep on keeping on.

We missed the worst of that blizzard that's for sure, we only got like 10 inches maybe. I heard DC and alot of maryland got truly slammed!

slammed is right we got like 3 and 1/2 feet ugggghh! to much but no see i was shooting directly into the sun so it was prob my fault for not changing the settings. And I wasn't really trying to get the good shots it's freezing i ran out took the shots and came in soo next time i will properly bundle and take my time.

im just glad we didn't get that this year in Wisconsin
the past two years we've gotten hit at least one time that was even worse than this

thats normal for us but we gor lucky this year

the past two years we've gotten hit at least one time that was even worse than this

ye i love my snow but gosh 3-4 feet is too much six inches is good enough for me:lmao:

Nice pics! I love the snow-- i always try to rush out and get pics..

lol we just got hit with the last storm couple weeks ago with 81/2 feet!!!!!!!! In less than 2 days. and its snowing again AHH!

i just hope you guys keep it for the rest of the winter

oh wait... there's snow predicted Monday :grumpy:

I wish it would snow here like that more often.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back