Couple questions on lens value and a bag

lkjr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First I'm trying to get back to the photography thing, (architecture school keeps me burrowed indoors a lot) I've bought a new Nikon 18-105 to go along with the Nikkor 70-300 I bought last year.
So I need to unload the lenses that came with my camera when I bought it. I did a quick search on google but didn't find what I was after on these 2. Any idea what they are worth?

Both are used obviously, first is in the box, second is 2 shots of the same lens (no box)

Also,

Is the shootsac the only neoprene lens bag out there? I'm looking for one that will hold the body too for traveling, I just don't like the bulkiness of the camera bags I"ve seen

thanks,

Les :wav:

Unfortunately they are not worth much. Quantaray makes probably the cheapest lenses available to any camera, and while Sigma lenses come in various qualities, that specific one looks somewhat bottom of the range too.

Camera bags are bulky because of padding. That's what separates them from normal bags, the comfort of knowing if they take a tumble down a mountain that the gear will probably survive. That and many are splash / fully water proof, and otherwise ruggedised. If you don't like the bulk, consider looking at a normal bag, and padding it out with a towel or something, which is what I am doing at the moment on vacation.

thanks,
that's what I did this summer with backpacking instead of taking a special bag, I just used a big wool sock and towel.

Check out the Kata Prism U or the slightly bigger (but not big) version called the Sensitivity V...both are neoprene, VERY well padded, can carry a body w/lens and extra lenses and laptop, and are relatively small backpacks.

I personally have the Prism U, I carry a 5DMarkII with a 70-200 F2.8 IS L attached and that can fit in the top compartment, and in the bottom compartment you can fit 1-3 lenses more and a laptop on the back pocket. The bag itself is small, its smaller than my school backpack (which isnt big either). The sensitivity V is slightly larger, but I'm not sure what you need to carry so its up to you.

Check them out, you can get both from adorama or bhphotovideo....I love mine

Most reactions

New Topics

Back