Couple shots with my new Sgma 50mm 1.4

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Rolled the dice on this lens. Many people have problems with it. Many others love it - very nice bokeh and slightly warmer colors than the Nikon.

I think I'm happy so far but I'll be playing all weekend with it. I wasn't all that happy with the 50mm 1.8.

3 Pics from today using the Sigma:

1. This guy is a trooper! I can take his pic all day and he doesn't complain. A bit stone-faced though. ISO 200, f/1.4, 1/1600 sec.

889736321_G8eZK-L.jpg

2. Bit more challenging here. Had to listen to a history lesson in order to shoot her. ISO 200, f/2.2, 1/30 s hand held.

889736028_qzV4K-L.jpg

3. Obligatory "Annoy the Cat" shot. ISO 200, f/1.4, 1/160 s.

889949854_qV7nW-L.jpg

Anyone else use this lens? Sigma is coming out with an 85mm 1.4 this fall I think, though I really would like to get the Nikon 85mm 1.4.
I just wonder what the new Nikon 85 1.4 will be like too and what will happen with prices as a result. Should be interesting to watch.

Critique welcome and appreciated as always.

Steve

I like the cat the images are nice & clear good detail

I'm kinda diggin' the way that Sigma cuts an image!

It seems to produce a pretty good image. nice - n - crisp

That lens in Canon mount is my next (lens) purchase if I ever get the money..

Good pics!

Thanks guys. It's a tough lens wide open, but once you stop down to f/2.0, it (or I ;)) get more consistent with the focus. I missed quite a few shots in this old one-room school house (f/2.8), but the room was really too small for a 50mm on crop sensor. I'll head back with this and the Tokina and see what I can get.

I think this will work nicely as a portrait and walk around lens on the D90.

Thanks again for the comments!

great shots!

Nice photos. I think #2 would be a good candidate for B&W.

I'm beginning to think you are B&W obsessed! ;)
I used to think I was too, but I really enjoy working with colors.

Here ya go Bus - I had a better candidate:

890152493_sAdun-XL.jpg

Here's the original. For the record, I like the B&W too. Thanks for the motivation!

890164595_hceh7-XL.jpg

Most reactions

Back