Cour D'Appel du Québec

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a few photos of the beautiful main entrance of the Ernest-Cormier building (Cour D'Appel du Québec) in Montreal. All taken in early April with Nikon D70s and Tokina 11-16mm lens, handheld.

f/2.8 @ 11 mm, 1/160, ISO 200

f/2.8 @ 11 mm, 1/250, ISO 200

f/3.5 @ 11 mm, 1/160, ISO 200

Thanks for looking...

Last edited:
they look very good. nice angle to shoot from. lacks some contrast in my opinion though.

Wow you really can sink into the photos. You got some great angles and perspective that really makes these interesting. I definitely think you captured this building successfully

Wow, great shots. I saw this from your link in the beginner's forum on the Tokina wide angle lens. You certainly sold me here.

Great geometry and perspective. First to are my favs.

lacks some contrast in my opinion though.
Thanks for your feedback. I agree on this regarding #1 –I probably should increase contrast on that one. Number 2 does have some good contrast, and #3 I specifically reduced the contrast in order to bring out some detail on the door.

Wow, great shots. I saw this from your link in the beginner's forum on the Tokina wide angle lens. You certainly sold me here.
Glad you like this lens. Two of these three photos were shot wide open, yet the lens is still very sharp.

Thanks everybody for stopping by, much appreciated.

I'd be cautious about increasing contrast in #1. There's already a good range in value there, and darkening might cause loss of shadow detail, while lightening would need to be selectively done, or the light sky rectangles at bottom would be blown.

I'd be cautious about increasing contrast in #1. There's already a good range in value there, and darkening might cause loss of shadow detail, while lightening would need to be selectively done, or the light sky rectangles at bottom would be blown.
Yup... I've tried to improve contrast in #1 but have failed once and again.

Thanks John and Rere!

Most reactions

Back