Craigslist return dilemma, insight needed.

If I were you, I will just take the mower back(if it's not broken) and sell it to someone else for the right price.
That's the whole problem. He sold it to the guy, and the guy broke it. Now he wants a refund.

I don't know how much those ramps cost, but I'd probably just let them go if it wasn't too, too much. Think of it as a $450+ramps discount. Then think of how much the mower is worth not that it is broken...

You're still on the better end of the deal IMO. As for him suing you, well, I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me he doesn't have a leg to stand on. I wouldn't worry about it.

If I were you, I will just take the mower back(if it's not broken) and sell it to someone else for the right price.
That's the whole problem. He sold it to the guy, and the guy broke it. Now he wants a refund.

I don't know how much those ramps cost, but I'd probably just let them go if it wasn't too, too much. Think of it as a $450+ramps discount. Then think of how much the mower is worth not that it is broken...

You're still on the better end of the deal IMO. As for him suing you, well, I'm no lawyer, but it seems to me he doesn't have a leg to stand on. I wouldn't worry about it.

They were just a cheap set of ramps, about $50. It's not really the price, it's the point that some moron stole from me. Talked to him today and he has calmed down but still has my ramps and is under the impression his friend is going to look at it Thursday and make the decision for him if its worth keeping. As far a I'm concerned he owns it now, especially having tried to fix it himself, lord know what he could screw up in the process. His wife is giving him all kinds of crap so naturally that gets passed on to me like its my problem. I know his name but have no clue where he lives other than the town and the general area. As far as I'm concerned it's all his problem now, he could always resell it on CL but apparently that has not registered yet. It's still worth more than he paid for it even if it needs a little work, and now he has a set of ramps to assist the buyer :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back