ya I got an email when I was selling a dirtbike on there. 1 day after it was posted I got this email.
-
Hello,
Am Scot, i will like to know if the item is still available
for sale? Get back to me with current condition of this item.
Thanks.
-
Then I responded because this didnt seem too fishy. Then the response was this
-
Thanks for getting back to me.Yes am interested and you can consider this item sold as you can withdraw the advert from craigslist to avoid disturbance.I want you to know that i will be paying with a Bank Certified Check .I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check .
1.Your full name to write on the check
2.Your mailing address(Not a P.O Box pls).
3.Cell Phone number.
**I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check.Thanks.
-
I knew it was a scam right away so I decided to play along but I didn't give any information to him. Finally I got to asking him his phone number and he sent a number and I called it just for fun to see who answered or if the number was real. No one answered. I looked it up and it was a number from NY and I am from MA. then I responded and said no one answered, is there a better time to call? I got no response. Some people... I don't know what they think they are doing? Being funny? Being mean? I don't know but they are too aggresive with their responses like "you can consider this item sold and remove your ad" Nobody that was really buying something would ever say that, and nobody would ever fall for it. No wonder they are so stupid. O and another giveaway was that the first email was from
Scotgre@fresnomail.com and the second one was from
scotgre@gmail.com. I found this one gy who posted on craigslist ripping on those scammers with really low prices it was hilarious. Ill find it and post the link.