Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i-DcwPpFp-L.jpg

Greater Yellowlegs?
Is that goose poop?

Yup,Yup

Ok, would be a super fantastic awesome photo.. if you could have gotten that dang bird to move out of the way.
Yup, the bird spoiled a perfectly good shot of a rock with goose poop and some very nice vegetation. :laughing:

BUT...anything can be fixed in Photoshop. :biggrin-93:

Regardless, very nice pic, although I would have been tempted to clone out the grass behind the bird and the poop - rock is okay - nice contrast or background for the bird with maybe a little tighter crop to get rid of the vegetation around the rock as I find it a bit of a distraction.

On the second one (first location?) - yup, the GBHs will sometimes do that to the smaller shore birds as they, the GBHs, have been known to eat just about anything, including other birds. Nice shot of the GBH as well.

WesternGuy

Yup, the bird spoiled a perfectly good shot of a rock with goose poop and some very nice vegetation. :laughing:

Exactly. It's called a landscape people. Just imagine if you take the bird out and crank the saturation up to the point where your brain practically melts. Bam. Like 5000 followers on 500 px in a matter of minutes.

Greater Yellowlegs?
Is that goose poop?

Yup,Yup

Ok, would be a super fantastic awesome photo.. if you could have gotten that dang bird to move out of the way.

Regardless, very nice pic, although I would have been tempted to clone out the grass behind the bird and the poop - rock is okay - nice contrast or background for the bird with maybe a little tighter crop to get rid of the vegetation around the rock as I find it a bit of a distraction.

On the second one (first location?) - yup, the GBHs will sometimes do that to the smaller shore birds as they, the GBHs, have been known to eat just about anything, including other birds. Nice shot of the GBH as well.

WesternGuy

I witnessed a GBH choking and drowning a Grebe. Prior to carrying it beyond view, it had the Grebe halfway down as the legs were still kicking. It was kinda cool and really gruesome. Other birdographers could not bear to watch. (pretty sure I have a few CRAPPY photos of it) :bouncingsmileys:.

Exactly. It's called a landscape people. Just imagine if you take the bird out and crank the saturation up to the point where your brain practically melts. Bam. Like 5000 followers on 500 px in a matter of minutes.
:biglaugh:

Couldn't have said it better. Thanks robbins - my laugh for the day.

WesternGuy

Greater Yellowlegs?
Is that goose poop?

Yup,Yup

WesternGuy

I witnessed a GBH choking and drowning a Grebe. Prior to carrying it beyond view, it had the Grebe halfway down as the legs were still kicking. It was kinda cool and really gruesome. Other birdographers could not bear to watch. (pretty sure I have a few CRAPPY photos of it) :bouncingsmileys:.

Doesn't surprise me at all. I am always amazed by the size of some of the fish they catch and swallow whole. :confused-55:

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back