Crater Lake C&C, crop, and post help

I think it's a VERY good decision to go with something else for the 20x30 print! Trying to force this image into a 4x5 crop that doesn't lose something wasn't going to happen.

As for the photo itself--it's all going to come down to a matter of taste, which is why you are getting such a wide variety of suggestions on the "right" color rendering. Personally, I think you're getting much closer with that last edit. If you could hit somewhere between the last edit and Designer's edit, I think you'd be very pleased with the results.

Also, just something to be aware of and perhaps ASK the printer about before having this printed; sometimes (often with regular prints, but not sure about with a metal print) an actual print of a photo is going to seem a little darker than it does on your monitor. For this reason, I often give a bit of a curves adjustment to my image before having it printed.

So, are you going to crop this to a panorama, 10x20 or something like that?

Thanks for the critique! I'll have to look at colors again later this week, my eyes are tired now. And, yes, I'm thinking I'll probably crop to a panorama.
Am I missing something? Using a 4x5 crop wouldn't work for a 20x30 print.

Der, I meant 4x6.

Most reactions

Back