Crazy day. CC please.

JayLPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend and I went on a pretty interesting mission today and was met with a pretty intense day. We drove about 120 miles south to find a skateboard park that was clear of snow. We found it. The mission was to just skate, and have fun, maybe take some interesting portraits, and possibly a shot of skateboarding. One of which we got.

4386976680_eb31c73c95.jpg

This one I'd like some CC on please.

this was shot on manual, at 70mm 1/180 f22, sb-800 camera left triggered by a PW.

ISO 400

This next photo is just for fun, what I could get from the interesting incident.

4386198791_b8c8f500ef.jpg

State Troopers chased a vehicle about 30 miles, only to come to an end RIGHT NEXT to the skate park where we were skateboarding. This was the only shot I felt comfortable trying to get before we got shooed away. I was a little nervous pointing a 200mm f2.8 lens at an armed police officer.

In my (very much a noob) opinion..The first one is such a beautiful shot...the bottom portion just takes away from it all. I would crop it into two separate photos.

I get what you're saying, and it makes sense. BUT, I needed the scenery in the background to go along with the story of the photo.

Thank you for the input! Very much appreciated.

I really like both of them. The first one tells an interesting story, and I love the "feel" (I don't know what it is that makes them look so good) of both of them.

on a side note: I'm really jealous of people with snow-free skateparks right now.

What's the story on the first one? I don't get it. A gator-man skydiving incident?

I would've opened up the shutter speed to something around 1/125 because the transition on the shoreline is too harsh. That's why you're getting comments about cropping the photo and making two images out of it. The dark space is breaking the visual continuity between foreground and background with nothing in the midground to tie things together.

As for content, without your explanation, I didn't get what your subject was doing there. I would have preferred the subject to be a little closer so that, maybe it could be clearer to me.

Most reactions

Back