Crazy lady at a convention

zamanakhan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok i was at the all about pets show this weekend, and there was a very quite dog sleepin on a dog sized sofa, I took a picture and woman grabbed my arm and pointed to a jar next to her saying please donate if ur taking pictures. I pulled out my wallet and and didnt have any short change, this woman actually wanted me to put in a big bill "we'll take a big bill" in a very serious and tone. I offered to delete but this woman wanted me to PAY her because i already took a picture but she wouldnt let me, then my friend came by and deposited a $1.25. What are the laws about taking pictures in conventions?

Ask her if she is claiming the income to the gubernant, and tell her you are going to report her!

I want to see this sofa.

here she is nothing special, just snap shots. Nothing special thought it was cute, u can kinda see the jar and the message facing the other way

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zamankhan/5648022850/

What are the laws about taking pictures in conventions?
The laws vary. it would depend what country, state, county, city you were talking about.

The internet is international and TPF has members from all over the planet. That's they have a place in your profile to put your location.

I would've deleted and moved on. You're handling the camera.
I used to sell merchandise at rennaisance faires. These faires required we provided them with a tax number of their state so they could insure we paid the sales tax, etc.
A donation although requested cannot be forced, if so then it's not considered a donation but income and can be taxable. The convention's management might consider that an issue. In some areas the convention can be held accountable for what the booth entrants don't pay in taxes. Be sure to have them write a receipt for your charitable contribution.

Last edited:
What are the laws about taking pictures in conventions?
The laws vary. it would depend what country, state, county, city you were talking about.

The internet is international and TPF has members from all over the planet. That's they have a place in your profile to put your location.
I would say that's it's a pretty safe bet that tipping is not legally required at a convention...

Who would you be tipping anyway? The "model" or the owner?

"Please Donate" = A tip. Just the same as a jar sitting on the bar. Are you required to put some money in there? No, but if you don't they might spit in your beer. Luckily, this lady probably wasn't serving beer.

Most reactions

Back