Crazy storm reporters

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Well, typhoon and hurricane seasons this year have been eventful. When the typhoon came through here last week, I wrapped my phone in plastic, put on my rain gears(jacket and pants) and my motorcycle helmet and went out of the house to take a few short clips in the rain/wind. Nothing really dangerous. Then I was thinking, all those crazy storm reporters like to wear stupid generic rain coats that don't work well in strong wind and they get messed up like someone being beat up really badly in a boxing ring, why don't, say the weather channel, get their own suit made?

Imagine a specially designed, smart looking rain suit, one of a kind unique to the weather channel, with full face helmet with built-in microphone. Of course it should reveal the reporter's face for fame sake(with LED lit helmet interior!!!) The suit should also have built in D-rings to tie him/herself to a pole or something. They will look like some badass sci-fi superhero or one of those G.I. Joe peeps in the movie. Now THAT will really bring attention to the weather!

Sure seeing someone being messed up in the storm/human kite is entertaining, but this will take weather journalism to a whole new level!

I like the D ring idea. Make the suit with a couple (3-4) built in go-pro's that could transmit to the truck and then the camera person could just sit in the truck and be dry.

Oh Go-Pro will be a good idea! Helmet mounted. One to what the reporter sees, one points at the reporter. One that can pan with remote control from the control room. The truck itself will be like a safety base, set up cable routes that the reporter can hook himself to and walk around outside, like the movie "white out". Damn I'm gonna patent this idea!!!

REALLY needed a self portrait for that one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back