Creating Fog In PS

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm trying to lay in a ground fog on an image, but can't seem to get it right. I've tried the render clouds filter but it's not solid enough. Any suggestions???

This???
28_3.jpg

Ok, maybe you should look at these.
Fog Free Brushes - (56 Free Downloads)
24 Clouds - Free Photoshop Brushes at Brusheezy!
Krist's Smoke Brushes - Free Photoshop Brushes at Brusheezy!
Clouds & Mist Photoshop & GIMP Brushes | Obsidian Dawn

Don't have a fog machine but we have a smoke generator at the fire Hall i could use!! Stacked multiple selection layers using rendering/clouds. By modifying each layer then blending they looked decent, but that was a lot of work. Going to download the brushes you suggested plus some others I found and see how they work.

It's almost Halloween, how can you not have a fog machine??? That's like not having a Christmas tree for Christmas, colored hard boiled eggs for Easter or fireworks for the 4th of July.

Topaz Lens Affects has a ground fog filter. There is nothing similar in Lightroom (assuming that is what you are using)?

Ok, maybe you should look at these.

Thanks for the tip. Went online and found several brushes that might hold some promise. By experimenting with applying them on different layers, and making adjustments to color, opacity, noise, etc. I've gotten more realistic results.

@SquarePeg I'm using PS. I have LR and use it occasionally, but prefer the expanded layer functions in PS. Especially as I've become more familiar with Bridge and the presets, actions and batch processing in PS.

Most reactions

Back