Creative Black and White

mmartin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mattmartinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought I would share one from a recent shoot for an urban clothing line in OKC 0 group fly › BLOG. CC welcome.

vern.jpg

Great shot with some nice lighting! May I recommended a little noise reduction? I think it would make it that much better :) Have a good day

Being as it is more of an "artistic/creative" photo, i would say it is all about whether you like it or not. Personally I think it has great composition, and the man's demeanor with the noise kinda gives it a deep underlying feeling. i dig it

On its own merits I like it. The lighting coming from his right (camera left) is just a touch bright, but otherwise I like the lighting position, the pose, and the composition.

You mentioned it was from a clothing line shoot, so the real question is how the client liked it. In general for a clothing line, the clothing is the subject of the shoot, not the person wearing it...in this case I'm guessing it's the hoodie, not the fedora. The shallow depth of focus, which does a great job of emphasizing the person, puts the hoodie out of focus. Luckily the logo is very clean and still stands out, so I think that even though their clothing is out of focus the client can still use this image. It's a bit of a shame the hood string is lower on the logo side and cuts through it - is it worth photoshopping to pull that string up above the logo?

Thanks everyone for the input. I actually added that grain to go with the feel of the photo as well as the brand(grpfly.com). In all actuality, this was the director for the shoot (owner of the clothing line) looking at some paperwork on a table in front of him while he was prepping. He actually was not the main subject of the shoot, but I saw the light coming in from the window and just snapped it. If I was to setup the shot, I would do as Rob suggested and fix the issue with the string covering up the logo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back