Creative Editing - I'm Sure you Have an Opinion :)

Bgagnon127

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.briangagnonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was just bored and messing around with Lightroom settings. What do you think?

DSC0374-Edit-M.jpg

Edgar Allen Poe would've found worth in this picture IMO (mean that as a compliment), I think the colors and the lighting evoke a feeling of loneliness. The only thing I would suggest (as far as composition goes) is to include the whole tree in the shot/crop.

Last edited:
I like the mood of it as well! I don't like that the tree is cut off, though :( I wish I could see all of the tree! Nice mood you put out for the photo though!

I like the mood of it as well! I don't like that the tree is cut off, though :( I wish I could see all of the tree! Nice mood you put out for the photo though!

I like the mood of it.

Edgar Allen Poe would've found worth in this picture IMO (mean that as a compliment), I think the colors and the lighting evoke a feeling of loneliness. The only thing I would suggest (as far as composition goes) is to include the whole tree in the shot/crop.

I have a different angle that shows the whole tree but I don't like it quite as much, I'll post it anyway to get your opinion. Thanks for the feedback though.

I think getting alittle more behind the bench and having an idea where its overlooking could add something to the photo as well...still including tree of course!

Bgagnon127 said:
I have a different angle that shows the whole tree but I don't like it quite as much, I'll post it anyway to get your opinion. Thanks for the feedback though.

Looking forward to it!

I like both (but the first one more).

I have to say, it was not quite what I was expecting based on the title (that's good)... :lol:

I do like the wider shot, but I still like the first shot more (would love it with the whole tree ;)). The angle it's shot at gives the picture a much better story IMO.

I like the original crop and really don't see it as an issue. The processing gives what otherwise (to me) would be a boring shot some depth and mood. Well done :)

The first one has great color and a much better mood to it. The second one with the whole tree isn't too bad, but now I see what you mean, the one you originally posted is much better. You get the color of the grass, whereas the one with the full tree you don't see a lot of different color... it's all the same.

I like the second shot , but would take grass from the 1st shot and clone it into the street / curb etc. and maybe give it a painterly look.
-
Shoot well, Joe

I like the first one too. It seems more personal. The processing makes me think IR, and it adds something to the photo.

Definitely #2 for me. Such a lonely and sad feeling of it!

Poetic EMO!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back