Creative picture ideas

Big Bully

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am having a photo block. It seems as if my creativity is, well... lacking. Any ideas on how to boost creativity, or ideas on helping me look out of the box?

I've had a few creative ideas pop into my head while in a drunkin stupor...... many don't sound that great sober... but a few worked out.

I personally like to create photo albums of a particular theme. I have one with nothing but old dilapidated buildings/barns/etc... I have another that has interesting tombstones and grave markers. I have another that suppose to be scary/dark.

try to think in terms of a theme.. rather than by subject matter.

What's your favorite color? Perhaps a series of interesting photos featuring that color....

Another great thing about making photo albums featuring your work... don't need the wall space to display them.

Well in terms of having scary pictures.. This is a picture my husband took of me.. I guess it was one of those happy accident pictures that turned out really freaky yet cool.:thumbup:
ustime004.jpg

But I do like your idea of putting pictures into an album. That is a great idea. Heavens knows I don't have the wall space to put all the interesting photo's that I have taken..

That was actually a single exposure, just on a slow shutter speed, and I started to laugh. That is how he got such a sweet shot.

This is a double exposure that I did in the dark room...
One of those happy accidents!
jumpingintoimagination.jpg

LOL yeah I knew that, I was just tossing the suggestion of playing with multiple exposures at you

LOL, My bad.. But how do you do double exposure with digital? Do you have to have photoshop?

Well I figure I might as well try to figure crap out with digital, since that is the way of the future...

But my true heart lies in the dark room... I love being in the dark room!!!:lovey::heart:

Well I figure I might as well try to figure crap out with digital, since that is the way of the future...

But my true heart lies in the dark room... I love being in the dark room!!!:lovey::heart:

As far as film goes there are several ways to go about it, I know of a couple cameras that have the ability built right in to them (Canon A-1 and Canon EF)

There is also a means of doing explaind in this thread for other manual cameras with out the function. I have tried this and it is actually rather difficult if you are trying to use it for a stationaty multiple exposure, but it can be done.

I don't know, I'm not a digital guy, I assume that that function would be available on a dSLR but I could be wrong.
I'm sure there are some dSLRs that have this function, but I don't think it's very common.

A lot of my friends are into art.. and whenever we get blocks.. even when attending an art school, we throw parties...
Parties where people create something that relates to a theme, then sell it..

For an example, at the end of this month we are having a "breast-cancer awareness" party. A bunch of us create one piece that is related to breast cancer, rather it be pink or an actual women.. We invited a bunch of people and have a silent auction.. all money we are donating to a breast-cancer fund..

it's different.. but fun and gets you thinking at the same time.

Most reactions

Back