Creative Slump

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm in a place (mentally) where I don't much feel like shooting. Looking for a job after a year+ off has consumed me and my camera has sat lonely. While many beautiful models have approached me for a session I am just not interested until after I find something and have a steady schedule.

While I do feel your pain have no worries! Do your thing, take care of your **** and I bet dollars to donuts that when you do feel like picking the camera back up again you will be fresh and create even more beautiful work than you do now to share with us again :)

While many beautiful models have approached me

I am trying to find some sympathy here...oh wait there is a little!

Try a different subject? Landscapes or cars?

Creative slump = hell for those of us who have passion for the hobby. We've all been there at one time or another. :hug::

I have always switched formats - cameras. Completely. Maybe as a film shooter there is a slight advantage there, but if I found myself feeling empty, I put aside whatever I had been shooting with and reached for something else - even if it was nothing more than my cheap Holga. Something clicks internally when you are using something different, and seeing differently when looking through the lens, and it kind of unlocks the inner grid. If you have a comfort zone with studio work, you could try shooting something like landscapes, as runnah suggests - OR go with it, but shoot them through a Holga for half the session in B&W, just to see what you'd get. Could be kicky. :boogie:

Most reactions

Back