TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
soundinsights.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Virginia creeper.

creeper.jpg

Very nice, i would like to see the original however. I'm not much a fan of color isolation. Don't get me wrong though, this shot is really cool.

I'm not that into it either, but I thought this was a perfect candidate because of the contrast and shadows in the bark and the deepness of the red. Here is the orignal:

IMG_5108.jpg

Yea a lot of people say selective coloring can be tacky and just doesn't work a lot of the time. But, for me I think you made it really work with this one. (However, this could be my lack of experience)

Beautiful shot in my opinion!

Selective Color does it for me.

Wonderful. Just the contrast between the bark and the Creeper is wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!

~Michael~

Thanks for all the comments. I have done very little color ISO stuff. When I saw this scene, I decided to use my wide angle lens, which I knew was super sharp, and get in real close to pull the color and detail out of the leaves. I shot it at f8 on a tripod to keep the bark in focus. What I wasn't expecting, once I downloading the pictures, was that the wide angle lens really brought out the distance between the leaves and the tree, and the late evening light cast those really cool shadows. The first thing that popped into my mind was that if I turned everything but the leaves b+w, then the leaves would pop out of the photo, almost 3-D like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back