crisp shots.

Jus7 A Phas3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pro's seem to get really crisp large prints. (I was at a art walk today) and my pictures seem to be alot softer then the pros and with mostly everyone useing auto focus I dont see how you can get sharper pictures then what the auto focus focuses, you know ha well help me out guys I want to know how the pro's do it?

Pro's seem to get really crisp large prints. (I was at a art walk today) and my pictures seem to be alot softer then the pros and with mostly everyone useing auto focus I dont see how you can get sharper pictures then what the auto focus focuses, you know ha well help me out guys I want to know how the pro's do it?

I'm not sure what you're comparing to but many factors determine the subjects "cripsness"

First off, Is the background blurred? The background has a huge effect on the subject. If it's in focus then everything looks the same and nothing stands out.

Second is, Post processing. They might have done something in post processing to bring out the subject

Third is the lens, The lens that you're using might not be as good as the next guys and that has a huge impact

Fourth is the settings, They might not have shot on auto setting and such.

They might be using a tripod too, That helps a lot.

The short answer:

that crispness is the end result of good preparation, professional execution, and excellent post production. In short: time, effort, and a lot of attention. A.k.a. dedication.

There are no shortcuts to success.

I had a lens that would only give me soft images. It very well could be your lens quality. Secondly, I agree with Juanto - a wide aperture could help. Blurring the background will put more focus on your main image. Invest in a tripod or try and use fast shutter speeds. Use a flash or up the ISO if you have to.

As mentioned, there are many factors to 'crisp' images.

Fast shutter speeds will help to avoid blur from camera or subject movement. The use of a tripod can help with camera shake and to really take advantage of a tripod, you should use a remote release and mirror lock up.

The use of good quality lenses and optimum aperture settings will help with sharpness.

Accurate focus and an optimal/proper DOF can be a factor.

Good post processing and good printing techniques will certainly be a factor.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back