What's new

Critical C&C, please.

and the books?

so you can't make a picture without processing and reading some books to learn how?

really stretching here.
I'm happier with camera in coffee beans.
Leave traveller, leave...after all we want something in the background ;)
Further we need processing the knowledge rendered by the book before applying it :D
 
You cannot make a coffee without processing those coffee bean; you have to patiently work it out
Like wise you cannot click and see the image using an analogue camera-what ever be its brand- you need processing ;) ;) ;)

This was hilarious.

Interesting surrealist still life.

Subject matter is attention gettingly weird. Light's ok, a little flat maybe, but there's enough Stuff in frame that you maybe don't want the light too exciting, lest the frame become overbusy. Technically it's fine. Focus, color. blah blah. The placement of forms in the frame is appealing, nothing earth shattering but perfectly well done.

For me the main problem is that it is neither surreal enough, not ordinary enough. It's normal enough to cause us to ask 'why is the camera there?' rather than simply allowing us to enjoy the bizarre juxtaposition of elements. It's too surreal to make sense, however. On the one hand, I see the power of walking that line, it makes the viewer a little uncomfortable, it makes us look and look again. On the other hand, we're left without much reward for our effort. Maybe you don't want to reward us, and that's ok, but I assume then you will forgive us for being slightly cranky after looking at your image for a while!

EDIT: I do absolutely love the way the hues and textures flow together. The books (?) in the background and the coffee beans obviously play together, but the textures of the camera tie it to the books, and there's enough color in the lettering on the lens to tie it chromatically to the books and the beans, and the metallic highlights on the camera and the books play well together. As a study of texture, tone, and hue, it's freakin' awesome.

However, this is more of what I was looking for. Thank you very much.


As for everyone's question of why. It mostly evolved, or maybe devolved, into this shot. It originated as a self-portrait challenge with the only rule being I wasn't to be in the picturel. With that in mind my original idea was a lot busier and included the corner of a typewriter on camera right. + Bottle of Jameson. - Bottle of Jameson, +Cigarettes. -Typewriter, + Jameson. Etc. I Ended up with this. :)

It wasn't so much something I wanted to sell to the world as much as a means to support me thinking a little differently.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom