What's new

Critique- How could I have made this image better

Whiskeyjack

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 18, 2013
Messages
251
Reaction score
115
Location
Oceanside, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm just starting to get the hang of some of this stuff so I thought I'd post an image that I liked and see what I could have done better.

I've been doing a lot of reading but it's a LOT to take in at first.


$IMG_0250.webp
 
Seems like there's too much going on. I'm not sure where to look.
 
I have to agree with Unknownbro (cool name). What's your focal point?
 
There are SO many items in this picture which, if photographed alone, would make a killer image. Mashing them all together though is what makes it lose impact. Pick just one thing in here and take a shot of that by itself. You could make a dozen photographs just from the architecture alone. Of the list of things that make up a great image, having a clear subject is one of the most important.
 
Last edited:
Ok... I think I understand. Try and isolate my subject more for more impact?
 
Ok... I think I understand. Try and isolate my subject more for more impact?

Pick one subject and use surrounding elements to enhance it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom