Critique Please: Post Processing

pyzik

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to the zoo with the little one for Fathers Day.
These two elephants were giving a good show but the darn fencing was right in the way the entire time.

I chose the shot I thought would be easiest to "photoshop" out the cables. Not really what I thought was the "best" shot thought.

I am currently just using pixlr, since it's free to do my editing. Just looking for feed back on how well I did at getting rid of the cables. Did I leave patterning of the elephants skin?

Thanks!

Elephants Original
by David Pyzik, on Flickr

Elephants Shopped
by David Pyzik, on Flickr

It's pretty good. I wouldn't be able to tell there was a fence there before if I didn't already know. However, now that I know, I think the ridge on the trunk of the elephant on the left where the fence was before stands out a little.

Don't mean to offend, but I also kinda like it a little softer, like in between your two posted photos. Nicely done overall though.

It's pretty good. I wouldn't be able to tell there was a fence there before if I didn't already know. However, now that I know, I think the ridge on the trunk of the elephant on the left where the fence was before stands out a little.

Don't mean to offend, but I also kinda like it a little softer, like in between your two posted photos. Nicely done overall though.
Thanks for the tip on "softening" the photo. I've been told before I sharpen them too much. I'll start softening them a tad more.

That part of the trunk was the hardest part for me, too. At one point I was starting to make it worse so I stopped.

Most reactions

Back