critique please

Sorry, but I don't care for them. The watermark is horrendous and I don't care for the colors, the contrast, or the composition. The second one is cut off right at the knees making it look like an amputation. The way the completely white background blends with the page background makes it look even worse. The colors and contrast make the horse look like it has been shaved in patches or something. Perhaps the color is something that some like but I can't decide whether it's black and white or black and purple or blue and purple or sepia or something else.

If you like them that way that's fine by me, but they don't do anything at all for me. Sorry.

Yea... it is goofy! There are those here that turn out lovely, wonderful images... and don't bother with a watermark at the sizes we are limited to here. It always cracks me up when someone insists on it! Usually an amateur that thinks they poop gold, or something! lol!
I have half a mind to remove it just for kicks. No time tonight though :p

I did! Took less than a minute to do a decent job of it! ;) It is really easy on over-processed shots like these!

I gotta say... I know people go off on folks for the watermarks all the time, but really... this one was actually honestly hard to look at. The lines kinda rip your eyes off in random directions. It's pretty wild. I mean I literally CAN'T ignore the watermark. Very funny.

To the OP, if you think you're good enough that this is that much of a concern, then there's really no point posting your images here. And as someone else said, if someone reeeeeeeeeeeally wants your image, it's easy enough to remove the watermark. I did it myself (to your image) in about 5 minutes to a level that was at least passable... in 10 minutes I'd have one good enough to print amd hang on the wall.

I'd recommend just saving them as medium quality jpegs... like at a 7 on Photoshop... and then not making them too much bigger than 600-800 pixels wide. That's about as good as you're going to do, really. Embed your info in the IEXIF. Dumb people won't think to remove it and it's a way to help deal with it if the images are stolen later, but ultimately... you can't really stop anyone.

scary_popcorn.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back