Critique/ what do you think of this cropping?

Janet80

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I don't know if this is necessary, but I did resize these to be smaller than the original, the original is quite large and pretty good quality. :thumbup:
I like this picture because he looks like a little flower head poking out, but I don't know if it is any good at all. :blushing:

Here is the picture before cropping:

DSC_05232flowers.jpg

Here is the picture cropped, to get rid of the white sky (yuck) and I thought a panoramic would be nice:

DSC_05232panoramic.jpg

Thoughts??

I like the cropped version much better. I agree that the bland sky was hurting the first version.

i like the cropping, it brings focus on whats important..

Okay good, I thought the sky was a definite nono.... I know its not a classic portrait, but what can you do with a toddler anyway? He's at the age where he doesn't do "stand there. Okay, smile" I just chased him around and got lots of him running and peeking around... lol ;)

Agree!! The cropped is much better and brings your eyes right to your subject.. What a cutie!

Cropped version is much stronger in my opinion. Very cute shot.

Another for the cropped version! I'd love to find a place like that to do photoshoots. We have a nice botanical gardens here in Denver, but last I talked to them, they charge $50 just to have a photoshoot there. Maybe someday I'll make it worth my while and have a bunch of different families and kids come with me and spend a day photographing.

Big Mike said:
...I agree that the bland sky was hurting the first version.

That is exactly how I feel about the white, white sky in the original.
You did well in cropping it out! At once your cute little subject and the beautiful flowers pop out more!

AprilRamone said:
Another for the cropped version! I'd love to find a place like that to do photoshoots. We have a nice botanical gardens here in Denver, but last I talked to them, they charge $50 just to have a photoshoot there. Maybe someday I'll make it worth my while and have a bunch of different families and kids come with me and spend a day photographing.

We live in a rural area and this place is free to roam :lovey: My parents got married there (they had to pay ;) ) .... it really is a beautiful formal gardens. Thanks for being so nice .... :)

Most reactions

Back