CRITIQUES PLEASE....JUST FOR FUN SNAPSHOTS

raerae25122

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My baby colt just born trying to stand up!

sorrel021.jpg

Just for fun flower shot.

sorrel061.jpg

And a quick pic of the bride.

hopeswedding048.jpg

image one - i wish the colt was fully framed.. i'd like to see the back of it's legs etc.. there is too much space on the right side

image two - is a flower.....

image three - i think i would have tried a landscape and followed the side of the car a bit more... either this or crop out the roof of the house on the existing photo...

the detail is decent and the subjects on 1 and 3 are interesting.... nice work:wink:

Yeah, keep in mind this has no editing done to it...I guess I should have cropped and edited before posting huh? Anyways, do you think a CP filter would have helped with the glare on the car picture in this instance. Yeah and I was a little excited about the colt being born, and I wish i would have gotten more of the back legs as well.

Yeah, keep in mind this has no editing done to it...I guess I should have cropped and edited before posting huh? Anyways, do you think a CP filter would have helped with the glare on the car picture in this instance. Yeah and I was a little excited about the colt being born, and I wish i would have gotten more of the back legs as well.

generally speaking you would crop and polish before posting for critique.... unless you post and request suggestions for cropping etc..... it doesn't really matter.... were all family.... I have read the a polarizer does not prevent metalic reflections.... but i have seen otherwise in this forum...

the polarizer would help the clipping in the sky above the car... but this should be cropped out anyway..

btw... i can certainly understand your excitement on birth of the colt.... must have been awesome.. i think i would have kept my finger on the shutter release...

That colt is all covered in blood and afterbirth and looks gross, and yet, in all of its yuckiness its beautiful... I like it!

He/She kind of has this look like, "WHERE AM I!!! WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!!!" Its cute.

And even though the middle picture is just a photo of a flower, its a very nice flower. These photos go over really well with the relatives and others... Not every photo has to show off the limits of your artistic integrity. Sometimes you just wanna take a picture of a flower!

You're the one that asked for critique though.

true that....but I needed critques on how to crop and edit as well so it worked out nice....I was able to get advice on better angles of shooting and what I should crop....just wanted everyone to know that this isn't finished product....and does anyone recommend a cheaper editing software temporarily until I can afford the $600 photoshop?

Go Here and download the editing software. It's free and it's been fiddling around with some of my photos with it. Not sure how it compares to Photoshop, since I don't own it. You could buy the Photoshop Elements 6.0 instead of the professional version. It runs from $50-$90....

You could always get a full working DEMO of CS3 until you can afford to purchase it.

true that....but I needed critques on how to crop and edit as well so it worked out nice....I was able to get advice on better angles of shooting and what I should crop....just wanted everyone to know that this isn't finished product....and does anyone recommend a cheaper editing software temporarily until I can afford the $600 photoshop?

Picasa2 (free by Google) is quick and easy for basic editing/viewingl.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back