What's new

Critiques, please. New Minolta XG 7 user.

tylerevelyn

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$FILM 4.webp
$FILM 6.webp
$FILM 8.webp

$FILM 10.webp
$FILM 11.webp
$FILM 12.webp
$FILM 14.webp
$FILM 15.webp
 

Attachments

  • $FILM 1.webp
    $FILM 1.webp
    145.7 KB · Views: 98
  • $FILM 9.webp
    $FILM 9.webp
    55.6 KB · Views: 103
You've posted 18 photos asking for critique.
If someone were to spend just 2 minutes doing a short C&C per photo, that would take 36 minutes.

You will get better C&C and more C&C if you post just 1 or 2 photos at a time.

I would have shot the first one in a vertical format. It is what is known as an environmental portrait, but it has to much environment and not enough portrait.

Note their dark eye sockets. Some fill flash would have made their eyes more visible and could be used to make the people 'pop' from the background.

I cropped the photo, but did no other editing -

FILM4.jpg
 
I liked the first one, baby and the couple getting married. My friend has dog that looks like the black one. Keep posting photos for C&C, but just a few at a time. I did the same thing the first time I posted pics.
 
I liked #1, #2 and #4....
But i am afraid you are not the least concerned about the outcomes of images; many of them deviates from the major requirement of proper focusing...but this is only a beginning for you...so expecting a show off from you soon ;)
 
Sorry to bombard you guys with pictures; However, I didn't AT ALL expect anyone to comment on each picture I posted. I expected a few comments on how I could improve my picture taking in general.. OR a few comments on the pictures you thought could have been made a better photograph with some minor (or major, even) adjusting. Or, some praise? I will keep that in mind next time though. It's just that this is the first time I've had a digital copy of any of my film. I'd like to make a comment about that as well: my photographs we're scanned at Walmart, put on a disc, then re-sized a bit to separate them (as they we're all grouped together on the cd from Walmart). So, I don't feel that they are near the quality they are in real life. They seem more pixel-y, and out of focus than in real life. Anyhow, thanks for your comments. Frequency, I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean by saying that I am not the least bit concerned about the outcomes of my photographs. Of course I am?? My photographs we're taken with a Minolta XG 7, and a 30 year old lens- not a $500 DSLR. I understand the basics of focusing and whatnot.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom