What's new

critize my phots

61longlegs

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 18, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some photos I took playing around with my new camera. I was trying to get some good shots of my dog playing. I obviously have no idea what settings to use for when he is in motion. they come out blurry 95% of the time or its too dark.
Tips and Suggestions are greatly appreciated.





 
#5 is good.

See the shots where he is blurred? The plants are pretty much in focus, so you just need to learn to pan with the action. Takes practice.

The underexposed shot(s) can be improved using fill flash.

I can't read the EXIF on these shots, but I suspect that your shutter speed was too slow for when the dog is running toward the camera. Flash will help a lot to "freeze" the motion.

When shooting two subjects, get them both in the frame. Or if you wish to isolate one subject (dog) then you need to get closer and frame tighter to avoid the man being in the picture.
 
In order to take photos of fast moving subjects like your dog in motion you will need to use high shutter speeds. If you're shooting in AUTO mode this will not be enough. You should put your camera in shutter priority mode (S - setting) and adjust your shutter speed to the point where your photos are no longer coming out blurry.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom