critques...please??

black94sol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i know i'm kinda new...but thanks for your support...i really appreciate it.

i'm not really sure why i took this shot, but when i got back, it just came out awesome(so i'm told)

IMG_1412.jpg

I like it, I like the lines and the tones, only thing I'd like to see is that silver chain removed

I agree with lostprophet the chain is a bit distracting, but a great shot otherwise :)

Well, you are not asking for any specific critique, you are just trying to find out if everyone here will also say that this is an awesome picture, so I feel I best move it over to the General Gallery.

And personally I am not fond of the subject as such, since I am not very much into weapons and war ... but I appreciate the element of repetition, the fact that you used given light and did not use any flash, I like the sheen of said light on the guns and the graphic element formed by them ... but I still don't like guns.

:shock:

That's a lot of firepower in one room.

Um, good shot. I like the tones. I agree that the chain is somewhat distracting along with the two light-brown straps that seem out of place.

I like it, I agree with silver chain is out of place with the over all color scheme.
I'd like to see it reshot from different angles and perspectives....not that there is anything wrong with what you have....but the subject matter and its repetitiveness really interest me. Personally, I'd start by moving to the right and up.
I also like that it documents your current surroundings.

Cool shot! I just recently upgraded from a Z740 to a D70. Your in for a treat!!!

I think this locale has real potential. I'm not really excited by your choice of POV. I agree with Mr. Avid...try to get down low and shoot up, get up high and shoot down. Get in close and show us some details of the barrels, stocks, etc. of the weapons. Show us why you had to take this picture.

the straps and chain can always be removed in PS if it's really that distracting (which I find moreso for the brown straps).

Thanks for sharing.

Don't worry everybody doesn't have to like what you shoot. Of course i think a good title would be lethal picket fence.

I have been in armories so would expect all kinds of out of place objects. In a purely photographic sense I guess the others are right it does jump out at you. When something does that better to remove it or somehow work it into the image as an important element. Not sure just how you would do that in this case but a nice general thought.

This picture saddens me.......... because I just sold my AR-15 this past Saturday to buy a Nikon D80. I figured what do I need my own assault rifle for when I can use a department one for free. I think I will be pleased with my choice.

Great Picture..... Stay Safe in Iraq and Thanks for Your Service to Our Country

Most reactions

New Topics

Back